It really doesn’t matter whether you need to replace a bathtub faucet because it’s no longer working properly or you just want to give your bathroom a makeover. This is really a simple DIY project that even novices can do. You just need the right materials and basic plumbing skills to successfully change your tub spout! So to help you on this task, we want to share with you a detailed guide on bathtub fixture replacement.
Tools & Materials You’ll Need
- Allen wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Rag or soft cloth
- New bathtub spout and fittings
Identify the type of your bathtub spout. It could be a screw-on with threads inside the spout; a screw-on with threads at the back or a spout with setscrew which is usually located at the bottom of the faucet. Before proceeding with the replacement, make sure that you turn off the water supply valve.
I. Screw-on Spout
1. Place a rag over your tub’s faucet. Adjust the pipe wrench, ensuring that it fits over the spout. Lock it in place and turn it counterclockwise.
2. Remove the old faucet slowly and gently.
3. Get the new faucet and manually screw it on. Be very careful so that you won’t tangle the threads. If it resists, remove the spout and re-thread it. Once it lets itself into place, tighten it.
4. Before using your wrench to tighten the new spout, you have to wrap it with a rag. Push it flat on the wall and make sure that it is aligned to your bathtub properly. If it’s not aligned well, use your wrench once again to adjust it.
II. Spout with Setscrew
1. Find the setscrew at the bottom of the tub faucet. Remove the screws using your reliable screwdriver.
2. Remove the old tub spout gently.
3. Position the new spout and hold it in place. Ensure that it is properly lined up with the bathtub. Begin installing the new setscrew.
- Before you take on this project, it will be helpful remove your bathtub spout first. Bring it with you when you purchase a new fixture to make sure that you’ll purchase the right type.
- Do not over-tighten the bathtub faucet.
We hope that these simple steps will help you replace your tub faucet! And should you require assistance with Miami FL spigot repairs and maintenance, there would be no need to look for the most reputed Miami Dade plumbing professionals in South FL! Plumbers 911 Florida provides only the best residential and commercial plumbing in Miami such as plumbing appliance installation, plumbing fixture repair, water heater service and many more! Call us now at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade), 954-468-0512 (Broward) or 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach)!
Need to repair your shower controls? Watch this video to learn how!
The post How To Change Your Bathtub Faucet appeared first on .